Parish of the Six Saints circa Holt
   
  THE CHURCH
  OF ENGLAND
Diocese of
Leicester
OVERVIEW    SERVICES    HISTORY    CONTACTS    GENEALOGY
Home  >  Bringhurst Overview  >  History

St. Nicholas' Bringhurst - History

St. Nicholas' church is the oldest of the three churches in the east of the Parish.

Inside the church there is evidence of Norman origin - a north arcade of two bays with single-stepped arches, a hoodmould on headstops, and heads in the apexes.

Much of the building dates from the early to mid 13th century, including the large, squat west tower. The south porch was added in the 18th century.


A typical Victorian restoration was undertaken by Ewan Christian in 1862-3.