Rector’s Secretary for Parish of Six Saints circa Holt:
- Working at the Parish Office at the rear of Great Easton Village Hall, Leics.
- The successful candidate will be well-motivated and at ease working in an Anglican Church context.
- Part-time post: 8 hours a week.
- Skills in Microsoft Word, and Outlook necessary.
- Previous experience of Microsoft Publisher, Excel, BACS payments and Visual Liturgy desirable.
- See full job description.
- Please apply by email with letter and CV, stating relevant experience to:
Rev'd. Stephen Bishop,
- Closing date for applications: 14th August
With effect from May 1st 2014 all 10:30am Sunday services will take place half an hour later at 11:00am.
The new stained glass window was installed in St. Giles, Medbourne. The new window, opposite the door as you enter, was designed and made by Derek Hunt, Medbourne's resident stained glass artist. It features local scenes and themes including an image of St. Giles' church and the Packhorse Bridge.
the Services page and all the individual
church Services pages for details of who will be taking the services
during the Rector's absence and convalescence. Please note that
all 8:00am services are suspended from August until late December.
who has served as churchwarden at St. Giles' Medbourne for 23
years, has retired. Dave, and his wife Val, were presented with
gifts at a reception on May 7th, see photo.
raised for the Parish Project 2011, Help for Heroes,
was £9710. This was almost three times the previous best
annual total - a magnificent effort by all involved. See the gallery
photograph showing the Rector and Neville Hackett with the
certificate received from the charity.
The 2012 Olympics
provides a unique opportunity for the Church. The More
Than Gold web site has practical information, ideas and next
steps. If you would like to organise something, then please do
so, using the website
as your guide.
11th September a Civic Service was held at St. Giles, Medbourne
for Councillor David Beaty, local farmer and businessman, who
is this year's Chairman of Harborough District Council.