Parish of the Six Saints circa Holt
   
  THE CHURCH
  OF ENGLAND
Diocese of
Leicester
OVERVIEW    SERVICES    HISTORY    CONTACTS    GENEALOGY
Home  >  Great Easton Overview  

Click photo for larger image

St. Andrew's Church Great Easton

Great Easton village is situated in the Welland Valley and overlooked by Rockingham Castle. It is also close to the Eyebrook Reservoir, a noted haven for wildlife. Locally quarried ironstone has provided much of the building material and has given the village its distinctive character.

St Andrew’s Church stands prominently on a hill and, floodlit at night, provides a strong focal point for the village. Dating from the 13th century the church stands within an attractive churchyard, the northern side of which is a carpet of primroses in the spring.


Click photo for larger image

There is a service each Sunday in the church, with a Communion service most Wednesdays.

The church can seat around 140 people: additional seating can be arranged by contacting the Churchwardens.

Children are welcome at services and there is a Children's Corner where they can happily look at books or colour in pictures during the services.

Good organists very much enjoy using the fully functioning organ, which was installed in 1906 and is situated in what was a chantry chapel dating from 1536.


Click photo for larger image

The church is equipped with a modern sound system.

The church also has a peal of six bells, and a team of bell ringers can be arranged for special services. To organise a baptism or wedding, please contact the Rector.

Please note that there is very limited parking outside the church.

For more information about this interesting old church consult the History page.